Monday, March 12, 2012

MAC N’CHEESE (ANOTHER ONE)

I have been on an odd mission as of late – meat (substitutes, of course), bread, cheese…. Hmmm… Well, here’s another number to add to the list. My children (and all children, I presume) love macaroni and cheese. I like things that are easy to prepare, but I don’t like using the box stuff. Oh, the conundrum. Well, all is resolved, and we are happily on our journey once again.

Ingredients:
1 can coconut milk (don’t worry, you won’t taste it)
1 can garbanzo beans, drained
4 Tbs. nutritional yeast
1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
½ tsp. lemon juice
½ tsp. onion powder
¼ tsp. garlic salt
¼ tsp. turmeric
Pinch white pepper
Box of elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions

Directions:
Put all ingredients (except for the pasta, of course) in the blender and blend until smooth. Pour over cooked macaroni noodles. Serve. I topped ours with sautéed kale. The kids ate it right up and asked for seconds. Did you hear that? I said it – they asked for seconds. That’s right.

No comments:

Post a Comment