Thursday, December 15, 2011

NUMMY NUTS

I think that nuts are a good snack to have on hand. I like to keep fresh fruit within the kids’ reach on the counters, and a bowl of nuts on the coffee table. I figure that if they can access it, they will eat it, and it has been true. I was surprised when I started putting out the nuts. I didn’t expect them to touch them, but they love them, and they are quickly gobbled up. I alternate between sweet and savory. These are cinch to make, and you will want to have them on hand at all times.

Ingredients:
1 cup shelled walnut halves
¼ tsp. sea salt
¼ tsp. curry
¼ tsp. dried parsley flakes
Non-stick cooking spray (make sure there is no silicone in it)

OR

1 cup shelled walnut halves
¼ tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. sugar
Non-stick cooking spray (make sure there is no silicone in it)

Directions:
Put walnuts into a small frying pan over high heat. Spray the cooking spray over the walnuts and add the rest of the ingredients. Stir constantly to coat the nuts while ensuring that they don’t burn. Cook them until toasted (about 3-5 minutes). Pour into your serving dish and enjoy when cooled.

No comments:

Post a Comment