Thursday, December 22, 2011

MEMPHIS HASH

I just went grocery shopping yesterday. My refrigerator is nicely packed. When I opened it tonight, I saw lots of fresh veggies – greens, reds and oranges all staring back at me. “This is going to be easy tonight!” I confidently told myself. However (it seems there is always one of those words when I mention my great amount of confidence), all of the food was for our upcoming Christmas dinner, and the dinners to follow while my inlaws are visiting. I did not purchase anything for dinner preceding the BIG dinner. Silly me. So, here’s my improvisation at its best. It turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself. However… (just kidding).

Ingredients:
2 cups of red potatoes, peeled and cubed
½ red onion, sliced into thin wedges
1 bag of Quorn chick n’ tenders
4 oz. can green chilies (I use mild)
¼ cup honey BBQ sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray’s)
2 Tbs. olive oil
2 Tbs. freshly chopped cilantro
 
Directions:
Put potatoes into a microwave safe dish and cover with 2” of water. Microwave for 8 minutes. Drain. Heat oil in large frying pan over high heat. Add potatoes, onion, chick n’ tenders and chilies. Cook until mix starts to brown and crisp a bit (about 10 minuts), stirring occasionally. Add BBQ sauce and cook for an additonal 5 mintues, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment