Tuesday, May 3, 2011

EASY-PEASY BROCCOLI

My kids like broccoli. I am not sure why. I don’t do anything particularly special to it. But, they like it nonetheless. My son finished his entire serving tonight, so I thought I should share my recipe in the event that his fondness of the veggie has something to do with the way that it’s prepared. It is always good to get some broccoli in your diet. In addition to being a good source of fiber and Vitamin C, broccoli is a surprising source of calcium (good information for the vegans out there). Let me know your thoughts – is it the broccoli or are my kids just predisposed to an affinity for the little trees?

Ingredients:
1 head of broccoli, washed and cut into flowerets
2 Tbs. olive oil
1 tsp. chopped garlic
1 pinch sea salt

Directions:
Heat oven to 425 F. Arrange the broccoli in an 8”x8” square baking dish. Combine olive oil, garlic and salt in a small cup. Pour olive oil mixture over broccoli and mix around to evenly coat (I use my hands). Bake for 25 minutes. Serve. That’s it. Really. Yes, the kids ate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment