Sunday, May 22, 2011

COCOA THUNDER SQUASH

We eat a lot of squash. It is relatively inexpensive, provides a great source of fiber and vitamins, and keeps for quite a while. I am always trying to find new ways to unload it on my kids. Tonight, I thought I would try something new – I tossed in some cocoa powder and agave, and I roasted it. It gave it a great flavor, and served as an easy side dish.

Ingredients:
1 butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed, and cubed
2 Tbs. olive oil
4 Tbs. agave nectar
1 tsp. cocoa powder
¼ tsp. salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 F. Place squash in large glass casserole dish and toss with remaining ingredients (it works best to use your hands to make sure that everything is evenly coated). Cook for about 40 minutes, or until soft.


No comments:

Post a Comment