Sunday, April 24, 2011

Some Background

I like to create food that is delicious and healthy (relatively speaking), but I do not like to spend hours in the kitchen. I am not a nutritionist, a doctor or cookbook author. I am a busy mother to two lovely children. I do not have enough time to create all the perfect entrees that I see on the covers of gourmet cookbooks, but I do have enough time to make something... I try to make that something a meal that is packed with fruit, vegetables, legumes, whole grains - the stuff you are supposed to eat. Usually, it is laden with some other stuff that has a very small role in the food pyramid, but, I ask you - is it better to eat broccoli with cheese than no broccoli at all?

For some reason, my lovely children have humored me by eating most of what I set out for them (and, believe me, they have had their fair share of cookies, French fries and other things that definitely have no place on the food pyramid). So, I refuse to attribute it entirely to their lack of choice in the matter. My friends' children are not always as accommodating, and I have been asked a few times to share some of my favorite recipes (the caveat always being that the recipe must be easy).
 

I thought that it might be fun to take some total strangers on my journey of food with my kids. I will post the stuff that I make, with recipes, instructions, photos, and reviews from the little people in my house (you cannot get a more honest assessment). I guarantee you that I won't always get it right. But, you can learn from my culinary foibles, and hopefully, add to my list of "Stuff I Feed My Kids."

The first dish is on its way.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere! I'm so excited to see that you are going to be writing, taking pictures and sharing your wonderful recipes!!!

    ReplyDelete